International Course on Syntropic Agriculture with Ernst Götsch – English
21 de maio de 2020, 8:00 am - 30 de maio de 2020, 5:00 pm -03| $6000
Atenção, curso somente em inglês.
This course is intended exclusively for people who are working with Agriculture, whether implementing Agro-ecosystems, working with consultancies, dissemination, etc.
It aims to deepen the knowledge about the techniques and principles created by Ernst Götsch, allowing you to move more quickly towards systems of abundance.
The course aims to generate a greater understanding of the concepts of Syntropic Agriculture, allowing the participants to have a knowledge based on solid bases, regardless of the biome they are working on, causing everyone to get rid of the recipes and start working definitively with processes.
This course will be held in Brazil, starting with Ernst himself at the CEPEAS – Syntropic Agriculture Research Center, in the Cerrado biome (5 days), then we will go to Henrique Souza’s farm (2 days), Ernst’s student, who has been implementing agro-ecosystems on his farm for 25 years, showing the great potential of this technology. The workshop ends at Ernst Götsch’s own farm in southern Bahia (2 days), when we then return to Brasilia (Brazil’s capital).
May 21st to May 25th – from 8am to 6pm (Syntrophic Agriculture Research Center, Alto Paraíso de Goiás – GO)
May 26th – trip to the State of Bahia.
May 27th and May 28th – from 8am to 6 pm (Henrique Sousa farm – Jaguaquara – BA).
May 28th – end of the day – trip to Ernst Götsch farm – BA.
May 29th and May 30th – from 8 am to 6 pm (Ernst Götsch’s farm).
May 30th – end of the day, closing of the course and return to Brasilia.
May 31st – arrival in Brasilia.
Instructor 1 – Ernst Götsch
Farmer and researcher. For more than 40 years he has been planting and studying forests, studies that culminated in the creation of a technology that became known as Syntropic Agriculture, which can also be interpreted as our second literacy or, as Fritjof Capra says, eco-literacy. Through Syntropic Agriculture we can understand how forests emerge, how they are recycled and thus we can create agroforestry systems that mimic the original forests of the place, producing foods with high biological value and large amounts of wood.
Instructor 2 – Henrique Sousa
Henrique Sousa has over 30 years experience he was one of Ernst first student, he made lots of experiments and the system at his farm is one of the most productive and beautiful syntropic farming system in Brazil.
Assistant Instructor – Fernando Rebello
Biologist and Agronomist. Ernst Götsch student for 24 years. Founder of the Research Center in Syntropic Agriculture – CEPEAS, which aims to: 1 – develop a simple pedagogy that makes Syntropic Agriculture an accessible and viable solution for both small and large scale farmers; 2 – Support Ernst Götsch in his research and training for small and large producers.7
Assistant Instructor – Thiago Barbosa
Thiago Gimenez Barbosa is a Syntropic farming pioneer in Australia who is helping to spread the knowledge of this unique farming system and teaching farmers and backyard gardeners to apply the principles in different regions and climates around Australia and the world. Thiago grew up growing food with his grandparents in the countryside of Brazil. He fell in love with the principles of Syntropic Farming and over the last years has been visiting, learning with Ernst Götsch and other teachers and farmers across Brazil to improve his knowledge and skills. He facilitates workshops throughout different regions and climates in Australia, Coata Rica, Guatemala, Vanuatu Pacific Island, Curaçao Caribbean Island and helps farmers transition from conventional to regenerative practices using Syntropic Farming principles.
STAY AT THE COURSE LOCATION
Collective accommodation or camping : We have 28 places in collective accommodation (separated into male and female). It is allowed to stay in a tent and use the infrastructure of the accommodation (bathrooms, showers). It is not necessary to bring bed linen, towel, blanket. If you do not choose accommodation, you can bring your camping tent, do not forget to bring all the camping equipment, your personal hygiene products and flashlight, if you want to stay camped at the course location. It is strictly forbidden to use alcoholic beverages, narcotic drugs and to make fires at the course location (high risk of forest fires).
The course includes 3 daily meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner). We will serve dinner for those who arrive the night before the course starts.
What to Bring
Sunscreen, hat, raincoat, boot, field pants. Optional equipment – pruning shears, machete and pruning saw. In the city there is only one branch of Banco Itaú and Casa Lotérica. Not all establishments accept cards.
Cellular / Wi-Fi – There is Wi-Fi and cellular signal (operator Vivo signal is better).
HOW TO GET THERE
“Lotações” leave Brasilia (Airport or Rodoviária Interstate) towards Alto Paraíso between 11 am and 1 pm. Drivers below:
- JEAN: (62) 996735723
- NILDO: (61) 96161212 / (62) 96393141
- JOSÉ CARLOS: (61) 996254877
* This transport must be arranged directly with the drivers.
From Brasília’s Interstate Bus Station.
- Take the line from Real Expresso or any other company that goes to Arraias or Palmas (Tocantins), find out about the bus itinerary beforehand (it is necessary to go through Alto Paraíso). Check the internet first, as there are not many buses.
It is only allowed to arrive at the course location after 4 pm on May 20th.
To arrive by car from Brasília:
- Follow Sobradinho direction, after passing through Planaltina, pay attention to the interchange that indicates Alto Paraíso (it is before the entrance of Formosa).
- Follow the GO 118 to Alto Paraíso, there are 165 km with few gas stations, so leave Brasília with a full tank.
- Upon arriving in Alto Paraíso and seeing the city portal (similar to a flying saucer), take a left towards Parque Nacional (GO – 239). Zero the odometer and run 8km and, when you see two rows of eucalyptus on the side of the road, in front of Pousada São Bento, between the right, at the end of the eucalyptus (before Rio dos Couros).
- Follow this road for about 500m, take the second on the right (iron gate), you have arrived at Escola Vila Verde, the place of the course. There will be signs indicating the course.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Course Cancellation or Postponement Term
Cancellation by CEPEAS Initiative
- CEPEAS reserves the right to postpone the start date of the course, or even cancel it, in case the instructor becomes ill and due to an insufficient number of enrolled students to complete it, up to 48 (forty-eight) hours in advance of the expected start date;
- In the event of CANCELLATION at the initiative of CEPEAS, 100% (one hundred percent) of the amount paid by the registrant will be automatically returned within 30 (thirty) calendar days.
- In the event of a DEPRECATION at the initiative of CEPEAS, the amount paid will be returned, upon express request by the registrant, via email email@example.com. The return will be made by means of deposit in the bank account indicated by the registrant, within 30 (thirty) consecutive days; if the enrollee has no interest or conditions to participate in the new date set for the course.
CEPEAS is not responsible for any other amounts that may have been spent by the registrant, for whatever purpose, such as: air or road tickets; boarding fees, fuel, tolls, accommodation etc., due to the cancellation or postponement of the course.
Subscriber Initiative Cancellation
Before Course Start
- In the event of withdrawal of the enrolled within 10 (ten) days before the start of classes, 25% of the amount paid on enrollment will be retained due to operational / administrative costs.
- In the event of withdrawal of the enrolled between 9 (nine) days before the start of classes and the start date of classes, the enrollee will be entitled to 50% of the amount paid in registration.
- Cancellation must be requested to CEPEAS by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The refund will be made through a bank deposit, in a current account indicated by the registrant; within up to 30 (thirty) calendar days, after the formal cancellation by the latter.
After the Course Started
For those who do not inform us of the postponement or cancellation until the first day of the course, they will not be entitled to a financial refund.